I'm supposed to be working on my first paper for my grad class right now. I'm sitting at my kitchen table with a notebook, two articles, a packet with all the information one could ever need on what to put into a 4-6 page paper, my textbook, a highlighter, and a pen. And what am I doing? Blogging. (And popping around Facebook. and picking out a new pair of TOMS. and texting. and thinking of a dessert to bake for a party I'm going to today.) Because it wouldn't be homework if I didn't exhaust every procrastination option out there before I actually buckled down and pounded out the darn thing. See, when I actually get to writing it, this paper will probably only take me about an hour. But the entire process will likely take all morning, because I have no self discipline when it comes to homework. Somehow, I managed to make it through college with this fatal flaw, and while I'd love to say "it'll be different this time around", I think I'd be lying. Really, you'd think that I hate school. But in fact, I love it. I'm just not good at showing it. Oh well, here we go again!
I also made myself coffee this morning. I SO feel like a student again! (And I LOVE it!)

you're getting those awesome crochet/floral ones, aren't you?!?
ReplyDeletelove, your fellow procrastinator
p.s. you are so, so cute.
so happy for my little grad student :) proud of you.
ReplyDelete